Spencer Clarke Group
Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside a Council in West Yorkshire to assist with the appointment of a Corporate Contracts & Projects Manager on an interim contract.
This is an opportunity to work with the Council as it manages its day to day relationship with is Strategic Property and Facilities Partner. The role over the coming months will also support the Council in review of its existing contracts and relationship in order to identify new internal and external operating models either with existing contractors and suppliers as well as new contractors, frameworks and services.
Pay Scale – Inside IR35 – £39 per hour (Negotiable)
Location – Hybrid working
Contract Length – 6 months ongoing
• To act as the Council’s technical and administrative manager for current and future contracts and frameworks for the delivery of services and functions of the Council, including the management and setting of performance measures and the development, management and interpretation of data to provide management information.
• To participate in and contribute to the management of the Council’s corporate activities, initiatives and strategic developments to ensure the Council’s corporate priorities are met.
• To support and play an active role in achieving value for money the procurement of goods and services to aid in the development of the corporate estate (including schools), goods and wider services.
• Ensure that the activities and performance of the service contribute to the aims and objectives of the Council and in so doing ensure the Council’s corporate priorities are achieved and maintained.
• To be responsible for providing a wide range of professional guidance on day to day and complex contract and framework issues within Corporate Landlord Team and the wider Council. Working with internal and external key stakeholders to ensure sound decisions are made in delivery and management of the Council’s contracts.
• Ownership and development of the contract risk register and support with financial management and delivery of contracts and frameworks
• To take a leading role on behalf of the Corporate Landlord Team in developing, organising and managing regular liaison sessions with Procurement teams and own team to discuss existing and future projects, contracts and tenders.
• To act as client and commissioning agent for delivery of the Corporate Landlord Team and, if required, for the wider delivery of services throughout the Council.
• To ensure continuous improvement by assisting in the development and review of policy, process and procedures in line with delivering key services to the Council.
• To identify best practices in delivering services that benefit both the customer and the teams delivering the service whilst ensuring value for money in service delivery
• Diploma in Management or equivalent
• IOSH Managing safely
• Good understanding and application of contract management processes and techniques
• A knowledge of Procurement process in Public Sector (Desirable)
• Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) (Desirable)
• Good understanding of programme and project management techniques
If you are interested in the role or would like to know more, please apply now, then contact Joe at Spencer Clarke Group on .