Lewis Davey are looking for a Senior Sustainability Consultant to join an Sustainability team. The role will support sustainability reporting, performance management and ESG advisory to client’s real estate portfolios, working with occupiers, surveyors and site teams to lead on strategic deliverables and grow strong client relationships.
The successful candidate should have a holistic knowledge of sustainability and wider environmental, social and governance issues for the built environment. In addition, the candidate will have a broad understanding of sustainability trends, regulation and market developments.
This should ideally include experience in sustainability strategy, policy, reporting, community/tenant/occupier engagement and sustainability compliance.
An experienced Senior Sustainability Consultant is required to provide services including but not limited to;
• Support clients in developing and delivering sustainability strategies, which may include sustainability initiatives management, ESG data analysis and reporting, implementation of external standards, compliance management and stakeholder engagement to drive sustainability improvements.
• Working with expert colleagues to provide general sustainability support, which may include advisory on: environmental legislation and compliance audits; management systems such as ISO14001 & ISO50001; green building certifications; EPC/EPC Plus & MEES risk review; net zero strategies; waste management; travel planning; and biodiversity (referring where necessary to the wider team).
• Demonstrate general awareness (but not necessarily in-depth knowledge) of social sustainability issues such as the WELL Standard, the FitWELL standard wider Health & Wellbeing and social value.
• Provide sustainability expertise across service lines including property management, occupier and landlord relations, and sector specific real estate markets.
• Produce data analysis, client presentations and written reports to a high standard.
• Deliver training materials, client engagement and communications.
• Communicate through formal presentations and informal interactions with clients and staff.
• Contribute to both financial and technical management of key fee earning services.
• Produce marketing and case study material.
• Respond to requests for proposals, and attend pitches on behalf of the sustainability team where relevant.
• Develop an overarching knowledge of the services, and where appropriate provide input to adapt and enhance processes to improve efficiency, quality and innovation.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Strong attention to detail and produces work to a high, consistent and accurate standard.
• Resourceful team worker, with ability to be autonomous in certain specialist fields.
• Ability to develop lasting and effective relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally.
• Customer orientated – ability to be client facing; excellent communicator and presenter.
• Excellent time management. Can deliver work under pressure and to fixed deadlines.
• Highly motivated individual – with drive for self-development.
• Excellent English, grammar, spelling and document checking skills.
• An evident passion for sustainability.
• BSc/BA Degree in Sustainability or equivalent.
• At least 4 years’ experience within the Sustainability field.
• Completely IT literate with high level of competence in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
• Experience of working with sustainability data and ability to create complex formulas.
• MSc or MEng in Sustainability or equivalent.
• Professional qualification such as IEMA, Energy Institute (EI), CIBSE or similar.
• At least 5 years’ experience within the Sustainability field.
• Knowledge and experience of applying sustainability in the property sector.
• Good working knowledge of the Better Buildings Partnership’s Managing Agents Toolkits and other industry standards.
• Technical knowledge of Sustainability Reporting Standards, Frameworks and Benchmarks, such as GRESB, GHG Protocol, SECR, TCFD, EPRA sBPR, GRI, CDP and SBTi
Benefits to You
Key benefits that we think the successful candidate will derive from this role include:
• The opportunity to be part of a fast growing team that has an interesting and well-regarded pipeline of work.
• A variety of work that presents significant opportunity for personal development and career growth.
• Exposure to leading professionals within the field of Sustainability as well as other disciplines across the department.
• The opportunity to build on experience and undertake training designed to ensure that we stay ahead of the competition.
• Supportive line management that is keen to provide you with opportunities to grow.
• Competitive remuneration and benefits package.