A national firm is looking for a Conveyancing Assistant to join their team, based in Leicester.
As a conveyancing assistant in the team, you will assist a team of conveyancers in progressing their caseloads. Your work will include:
– Dealing with queries raised by clients, solicitors, lenders and estate agents, whether face to face, by telephone or by email.
– Opening/closing files including AML checks, keeping files updated with correspondence (electronic and hard copy) and ensuring compliance with SRA regulations, Lexcel and firm procedures.
– Administrative support (including photocopying and scanning etc)
– Preparing quotes to clients and drafting completion statements
– Assisting Fee Earners in preparing report on title, report on mortgage and search report for clients
– Raising enquiries and replying to requisitions
– Carry out searches online
– Using Land Registry portal to submit registrations, replying to requisitions and ordering official copies, leases and title plans
– Generating Stamp Duty Land Tax calculations and submit applications
– Drafting forms such as AP1s and TP1s
– Preparing and submitting bills, receipts and payments to the finance team for fee earners
– You will preferably have previous work experience as a conveyancing assistant
– You will be a strong multi-tasker
– Working hours are Monday to Friday, 9am until 5:15pm
– Highly competitive salary
– 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
– Training and development opportunities
– Great scope for career progression
If you are interested in this role and you have the pre-requisite experience, please send your up-to-date CV
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.